Image Map

Monday, August 15, 2016

Weekly goals are back!

I used to do a post every week with whatever random goal Caleb and I had for that particular week, and it just kind of stopped sometime last year. I truly haven't been very nice to my body the past few months. I still got outside and exercised here and there, but generally my "healthy lifestyle" just kind of flew out the window sometime last Winter.

I'm hopeful that this is a new beginning and I can adopt my old healthier choices and make them almost like second nature again. I won't harp on it, and I'm sick of saying "this time its different", but I really feel like I've let myself go and I'm basically just sick and tired of always feeling gross.

So long story short, Caleb and I used to take turns each week picking a goal that we would BOTH have to shoot for Monday-Friday of that particular week. This week I've chosen;

We have to drink at least 100 oz of water a day M-F!
I'm naturally a water bug; I love how refreshing it is, I love the taste of it, everything. But for some reason at work, I found myself only getting about 24-48 oz a day, and that's just not enough! I get a LOT of headaches on a weekly basis and one thing my Dr always told me was to be sure I was staying hydrated.

So what about you? What's ONE small goal you can try to accomplish every day, for the next 5 days?

10 comments:

  1. Little weekly goals like that are so great and help keep us on track without feeling overwhelmed that suddenly we are completely changing everything. My goal of the week is cutting my portion sizes in half--I tend to go back for seconds or eat what remains on my boyfriend's plate. It's more just because I love to eat than because I'm hungry. Gotta kick the bad habit!

    Good luck with drinking 100 oz of water a day! You'll get very familiar with the office restroom :)

    Lexi, Lex Be Livin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is water this entire month. I had planned on needing the extra h2o thanks to the humidity and heat but it's rained for 3 straight days so I don't think I'll experience thirst from the heat like I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you set goals together. It must help you both be more accountable. I've had a hard time getting back to a healthy lifestyle the last few months so I feel your pain there.

    Good luck with your goal this week! I drink a ton of water at work but not as much at home. This may sound dumb, but at work, I use a water bottle with a straw and that straw for whatever reasons makes me drink a ton more water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been drinking lots of water for a couple years now and once you get in the habit of it, it's like you can't get away from it or you feel like a fish without water haha. Best of luck, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a sucker for goals. I really like this. That's a really good goal too. My goal for this week SHOULD be get all of my stuff unpacked since I've been in my new place since Sunday now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Challenging each other with weekly goals is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the idea of weekly goals. i drink a lot of water at work during the day, but next to none of a night time or on the weekends, so i need to work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go girl! You know I love me some goal posts ;) You got dis!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this goal!! I think I may join you on it! I'm 29 weeks pregnant and get headaches a few times a week, too. It's usually only in pregnancy but I'm definitely prone to headaches as it is and I'm sure dehydration is the culprit. Thanks for the motivation!!

    -Sarah www.thefrugalmillionaireblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drinking enough water is so important but sometimes such a struggle to do. I've got to get back to drinking enough too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!