Image Map

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Celebrating our free weekend!

Guys, I can't explain how perfect the past weekend was. SO MUCH FREE TIME!!!! You should know that almost never happens, so we soaked in every. last. second. Friday evening we stayed in for dinner and relaxed, nearly finishing Season 2 of The Following! I know I mentioned we'd be waking up early Saturday to get our day started, and that's exactly what we did!

We scored big at the first few yard sales, and FINALLY found a Wii. We've searched for YEARS! We couldn't contain our excitement but somehow we managed to negotiate a crazy good deal (seriously...they practically gave it away)!


We scored a couple other amazing items throughout the day and then got so hungry, we just had to get Skyline for lunch...as if we had a choice ;)

We spent the rest of our afternoon snapping a few prom photos for my brother - seriously, how is his Junior year almost over?!! I can't handle the fact that he's about to be a senior.


Sunday at church we heard such an amazing message on marriage. It motivated Caleb and I in a new way and I'm just excited I get to do life with that man! After church, we went to my grandparents with my mom while she made lasagna for lunch! Then Caleb and I handled dessert... you guys. I've made this before but OMG. Make this now!! Lisa shared this on her blog back in November and I instantly fell in love. It was so easy and Caleb and I had a really fun time baking together. Maybe we should do this more often!? The pumpkin is perfect, hardly even noticeable actually...its just gooey goodness, you can't go wrong!


Then us ladies had a selfie session outside...because, why not?


I know this photo makes no sense, but it makes me laugh. Guys, is my grandma not adorable?! 67 years YOUNG, baby!

We had an amazing weekend. I know it sounds silly, but I was almost in tears talking with Caleb about it. I needed a weekend like this. It was almost like my body hit a reset button. I'm so thankful for my family and friends and all the free time I had! Now? We've got 7 weddings approaching, all in a row...but I know we can do this! How was your weekend!?

PS - Caleb and I made a spontaneous decision to make a road trip for our anniversary at the end of the month! I can't wait to share our plans!

9 comments:

  1. Those pictures are so so cute! I'm so glad your mama is here to celebrate with you this year! Yay for finding a Wii! I want to go yard sale-ing but we have zero space for anything. haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess this means we have to give your Wii controllers back, huh?! ;) LOL! So awesome though! And Brandon looks so handsome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you found a super cheap Wii at a garage sale! That just convinces me to check them out more often. Also, I desperately miss Skyline/Gold Star. Ugh. That pumpkin pull-apart looks absolutely amazing and I love the idea of eating pumpkin outside of the usual September - November window. I'm glad you had an intentional, relaxing weekend before the chaos of wedding season! YOU DESERVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a PERFECT weekend! I'm glad for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got some time to relax this weekend and yeah for your major Wii score!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOooh I can't wait to hear all about your roadtrip. Keith and I finally decided what we are doing this summer and I can't wait for that either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you enjoyed your free weekend! Have fun with that Wii!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my Wii! It got me through my first year of living on my own without cable thanks to being able to hook it up to the Wifi to use Netflix (and play some games). Hope you enjoy some fun game nights with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get that way too, where I'm needing to hit reset by spending time with some of my people, whether it be my stepmomma or my sister or my work momma, I completely get it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!