Image Map

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Standard is spectacular.

Life has been really busy lately. Recently we've spent some time with our favorite little gals, filed our taxes, and been having a ball. Nothing spectacular has happened, life has been pretty standard...but sometimes, 'standard' is spectacular.

My heart... its melting.
Momma and I decided to have a makeover night last week, and it was awesome. She recently just got a ton of Mary Kay product so we tried it out ;) we've spent a ton of time together lately and it makes my heart insanely happy. Movies, moon pies + lots of chats.

We're starting to get busy shooting weddings! Yay! This weekend marks wedding #3 of the year and we're excited about it. It's mostly outdoor and I'm excited to get pretty creative with our resources. New ideas are brewing! Also, can we talk about how gorgeous this dress from last weekends wedding was??

Spring time = storms = enjoying the view from the living room = trying to snap a successful lightning bolt shot = a happy Kayla!

Indulging in one of the most delicious homemade rice krispie treats ever! The youth leaders wife made some snacks for the car for us and I definitely reaped the benefits!!!

For a while Caleb and I had been so good about not watching a ton of TV since its been so nice out, that we would take walks instead... until one of us got the idea to start The Following and O-M-G. There go our evenings!!! Already on episode 6!!!

Most of the time I keep my shots pretty bright and fun but for some reason this week I was so drawn to the more edgy feel for this street shot of this couples feet. He was SO in love with his socks and making sure they looked even, it was precious. I seriously love this gig!

It was a year ago today that my grandpa Phil passed from a very long battle with cancer... please say a little prayer for my family today! Look at his baby blues! Miss you, grandpa.

I hope you'll take a minute today to just enjoy whats around you - even the little things.  Enjoy your weekend, friends!!

15 comments:

  1. I love this! I am currently trying to focus more on enjoying my present rather than always looking to the future. Why not just love the process and love life as it goes?! :) PS the shot of the socks and the heels, beautiful! And I LOVEEEEE rice krispy treats. LOVE LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both you and your mom are beautiful women! Over the weekend while I was getting ready for a surprise birthday party (which was a complete surprise to the birthday girl so mission accomplished!) I asked my mom to help me with my eye makeup. It was a first for us but it was nice to spend time together even if it was only a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Standard can be great! Love the time you are getting with your mom :) And that photo of their feet is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of their feet! I'm definitely wearing Chucks on my wedding day, so a foot picture is a necessity. I'm glad you're spending so much time with your mom and really soaking in the special moments of the day-to-day! Also, I nearly blacked out when I saw that rice krispie treat. Oh my word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love those moments in life? Where standard is absolutely fulfilling and wonderful in everyway? GREAT lightning bolt shot! We have lots of those little beauties down here in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, can I ask the groom where those socks are from? I love 'em! So fun!! :) I'll also take a rice krispie treat or ten please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Y'all are the dream team! :) So jealous of your job. And you and your mama are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those wedding shoes are SO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you're so talented - I love that shot with the shoes! The colors are perfect!! Sounds like so many perfect moments for you! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um, standard is spectacular!!!! Never forget that!! It's life with people we love and enjoy spending time with! And that thunderstorm pic you captured is AH-mazing!!! Wow!! Good job, lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is something so spectacular about the standard day-to-day. I love that kind of spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I wish I knew how to make a good rice krispy treat - mine never turn out for some reason. Yay for more pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a great picture from the storm!!!! You are talented, girl Loving his socks, too! We are trying to find "fun" socks for the guys to wear that match our colors for the wedding! So happy for you and your mom being able to spend so much time together here lately, pure joy in y'all's eyes in that picture. LOVE your makeup, too, flawless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Following is my JAM!! I binge watch it every season since we don't have cable. Sometimes that leads to bedtimes at 2AM but it's totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so right! The standard is beautiful! Love that pic of the lightning, and what a neat pond/lake you have right outside your door!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!