Image Map

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Make room for adventure.

As much as Caleb and I love to stay in and watch TV, I think its so good for our souls to get out and be more adventurous. I'm not talking about pulling an all nighter acting like little kids (although, we would love that)...I just mean something as simple as getting outside more. Taking a long walk, hitting the road for a spontaneous dinner date, etc.

It's so easy to leave my camera at home...to not want to carry it around, and just use my iPhone. I feel like I document SO many moments for everyone else (brides/grooms/families/etc), and don't really spend the time to take nice photos of OUR stuff, OUR day to day lives.

I want to capture the small stuff. Like when I come home from a long day and he's got dinner already cooking...or when we're walking outside and he wraps his arms around me for no reason. Obviously, some moments I want to leave undocumented (as in, no photos)...I like some things to stay between just us. But a lot of the time? I like to document the sweet little things he does for me, so that I can remember them.

I'll be the first to admit that Caleb and I haven't exactly "dated" each other lately, unless you consider time at the gym together, dates ;) we've had a LOT going on with family, and busy weekends. So you could say I was pretty excited when I got this text yesterday from my man...
Sure, life isn't crazy exciting every single day, but I want to remember to always find joy in the small parts of our marriage. I think sometimes, its so easy to get comfortable and forget to pursue one another...but I never want to forget. Caleb is always so great to me, and I want to be sure he knows how awesome he is.

This is where creativity comes in. I truly don't believe you have to spend a ton of money on your spouse/significant other to make them feel special. Some of my most favorite dates with Caleb were the ones that didn't cost a dime. Impromptu dinner out w/ a gift card, netflix + ice cream at home, Saturdays spent at the library, etc. My creative juices are flowing and I'm excited about some future dates I've got in the works for us! So Caleb, if you're reading this...get ready!

What's your favorite date night been?

12 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! I wish Keith would do that - heck I wish Keith would bring me little surprises, etc. While he doesn't do it, he expects it from me so I guess the more I do it, maybe he'll get on board. Can't wait to hear what you guys do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our favorite at-home date is ALWAYS doing a puzzle together :) I'm pretty sure our kitchen table has had one on it consistently for like 3 months now. Some of our best conversations happen while we've got Pandora going and we're puzzling away together ;) Someone I know makes it their goal to buy one Groupon every month- that way they get out of their comfort zone and try a new restaurant or activity they normally wouldn't pick. Plus- you get it cheaper that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I miss our time together "pre-kids" lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and I'm a HUGE proponent of this. I've only been with Wheat for two years now, but I think it's SO important to have dates and make intentional time for each other. We don't have a ton of money, so it's usually something small, but it's so meaningful to us. We go to movies on discount night, take walks on the canal, read out loud to each other, challenge each other while watching Jeopardy, etc. Recently, we did an at-home fondue date night and it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant imagine anything sweeter than that text!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. I needed this reminder today- we have been SUCKING at dating each other and I have noticed our relationship has been suffering because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! It's so important to still date our spouse - I love dates!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a special hubby that you have! I agree about wanting to document as much as possible - minus the super intimate things that stay between you both! I just love looking back on photos and remembering the good times - especially the small things in life :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one thing that I miss SO much with Peter being away! I miss all the small things that he used to do like pour me the last of the wine ;) I can't wait until he's home again!! Have fun on your Saturday date!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw this is so sweet! I hope you guys have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet! My favorite date night is one with myself, a good movie/book, and a treat to myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. the easy going date nights are my favorite. Dinner and some walking around a new area...we love to explore together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!