I recently saw a post floating around called "10 things I like about myself", and it seriously spoke to me...to read all of these beautiful women's posts. To see what they saw in themselves, and for that to just be okay. I love when women can just be proud of who they are...you know, I aint so bad.
Linking up here!
So, what do I like about myself? Let me list a few.
1. That I stand for what I believe in. Whether it be my faith, treating people the right way, or something I have a great feeling about...I will always follow my gut and do the right thing.
2. That I'm emotional. Okay, so maybe that can be both a good and bad thing. I have this tendency to bottle my emotions up, and then burst at all the wrong moments...but hey, its who I am. I'm learning how to express myself better, and love myself for it.
3. My eyes. I get my hazel's from my Dad.
4. My freckles. They come and go with the seasons...but summer time really brings them out.
5. My passion for photography. Ever since I was a young girl, I've wanted to take pictures. I've always loved looking through photographs. When I was younger I remember checking out photography magazines, and gawking at National Geographic pictures like this one...and swore one day I'd take my very own "wow" photo.
6. I like my intentionality. I'm lucky enough to have a few best friends that I'm very close too. I'd like to think I'm pretty good about staying in touch, praying for them, and letting them know how much they mean to me! Besides, what's a girl without her best friends?
7. My outlook on life. Almost always, you will find a smile on my face. I believe that the world is both a scary, but beautiful place. I love reading stories that restore my faith in humanity. I love hearing of random acts of kindness, just because. I believe if we don't look at life in a positive way, how will we ever survive?
8. I like that I'm not picky. There are only 2 things in this world I don't like. Cottage cheese, and green olives. Yuck. Want to make me dinner? Go ahead, I'm not picky at all. Take me anywhere you please.
9. That I stick to my word. You need me to be somewhere? I won't forget. You and I have lunch plans? I won't bail. You want me to come support you at your marathon? Count me in. When a friend needs me, hands down, no questions asked, I am there. I think it all comes down to treating others how you'd want to be treated.
& last but not least...
10. That I'm pretty tough. No, not in the muscle department (although I'm getting there!), I mean emotionally. I've been through my fair share of crap in life...no really, trust me. There were days when I was younger I didn't think I wanted to be around, that I was the cause of my parents divorce, that I was a failure for not getting perfect grades...etc, etc, etc...but you know what? Those silly thoughts, and stupid things that have happened to me, do not define me. I know that I came out stronger because of all the cards my life has dealt me, and I'm happy to say I like who I am. All in all.
Self, you're not so bad.
So, what do you like about yourself?