Image Map

Friday, January 31, 2014

Lets get muurrriiieed!

The weekend is finally here! Becca is getting married! Which means tonight, we get our nails done, we eat cheesecake, and I get to have a fun sleepover with the other bridesmaids...two of which happen to be two of my best friends! You could say I'm excited.
Me, Becca, Angie, Lyndsie.
Becca, I am so excited for you girl. I have a few tips & thoughts for your wedding day and for your new marriage!

1. Don't stress day-of. Things will screw up, its inevitable. Just brush it off. This is your big day!! You've been waiting for this day your whole life...don't let a busted light, or sweaty armpits get in the way of your joy...trust me, I speak from experience.

2. Look into that man's eyes and make that promise of forever during those vows. That's the moment you've been waiting for your whole life...remember his face while he speaks to you in front of everyone...and don't be afraid to cry in front of your guests, its a beautiful thing to wear your heart on your sleeve.

3. Don't blink too much. This will be the fastest day of your life...SOAK IT UP, and most importantly, have fun! Ask family members to record things so you can HEAR the moments again months and years later (if you don't have a professional already doing this!)...those moments are so special!

Now for after your big day...once the hype of your big day is over, and the married life is finally sinking in;

1. Your husband will make mistakes...but so will you. Always be patient, and slow to anger. Be forgiving and always be honest with each other. It's the only way to be.

2. Being a newlywed is a really busy time, so many people want to chat about every detail and get together with you. You'll have lots of church, work and social obligations...but please, block out intentional time to be together through the busy schedules. It's so important!

3. Love your husband. I know it sounds silly, and so obvious...but be sure to tell him every single day how much you love him. I recently heard a friend say that her wedding day was the day she loved her husband the least...and at first I questioned it, but it makes great sense now. I love Caleb now more than I ever have, and I can only hope the love you and Breck have for each other grows every single day!

Happy wedding weekend, Bec!

PS - thanks for all your prayers on my Grandpa. I was having trouble with details, but apparently they only removed a portion of the voice box, he has a trach for breathing, and a tube in his stomach for feeding. Caleb and I are visiting him in the hospital today before heading to the rehearsal dinner, even though he won't be able to physically speak to us, my mom thinks "his eyes will be happy" :) I'm hoping it will mean a lot that we stopped by. He needs your happy thoughts, so thanks, friends!

8 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend - weddings are so fun and really meaningful. Oh...and enjoy the cheesecake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your Grandpa. <3
    Have fun at the wedding!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, #3?! So true. I THOUGHT I loved Jared a ton on our wedding day, but it's amazing how much your love just continues to grow and grow. Marriage rocks!! :) Have fun this weekend girly, can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yes, yes to all of these "tips!" But seriously, remind her a lot not to blink ;) Otherwise she'll be in denial months later that it went by so dang fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad they didn't have to remove the whole thing! I hope his "eyes will be happy" for y'all!!!! Have a great weekend!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad they didn't have to remove the entire voice box and I'm POSITIVE he will be SO happy to see y'all. :D Enjoy the wedding, I can't wait to see pictures. Wishing your friends many, many years of happiness :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great weekend celebrating!!! :) I'm sure you will be a beautiful bridesmaid!! I'm still obsessed with your wedding pictures - you guys just look so in love!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!