Image Map

Friday, January 6, 2017

Tone It Up {Week 1}

Thank goodness its Friday, even though this was only a 4 day week, it kind of seemed like a 6 day week. I'm ready for the weekend!

I corralled a few friends to help go through this 6 week fitness challenge (through Tone It Up) with me so its been fun to check in with them everyday (I'm looking at you, Becky!)!! This week's workouts had me just as sore as I was after my first half marathon, which I was NOT expecting! Not that I'm a big "runner" anymore, but that's all my muscles were really used to. I hadn't done workouts like this that were so targeted to specific areas (other than lifting), so it felt good to be trying something new.

The workouts have been so different day to day, which is definitely keeping me on my toes. Some days it's all about toning the abs, or the legs, or a rough 45 minutes of cardio. I think my favorite part though, has been tackling the different 5 moves each day! Sure, I'm exhausted and as sore as ever, but I know if I skip a day or put it off, I'll fall off track! So it feels really great to follow through on it all week!

In the past, the hard part has not been working out, but in eating clean. I can workout like crazy but then ruin it with a donut the next morning, so this New Year was really exciting as a clean slate, to do better! I know I mentioned earlier in the week, but Caleb and I have been cooking together more, and it's been so fun. Even when its something as simple as tacos, being in the kitchen together has been awesome. Here's what we had for dinner this week:
Sunday: taco salad
Monday: garlic herb chicken breast w/ asparagus
Tuesday: quinoa w/ chicken & kale
Wednesday: teriyaki shrimp w/ brown rice & fresh green beans
Thursday: lemon pepper salmon w/ asparagus & brown rice
Friday: TBD! Probably something involving shrimp because apparently we're on a shrimp kick ;)

Caleb and I both have small goals we're trying to hit, so we don't get overwhelmed with the big picture, and once we do, we'll finally have ourselves a little cheat night (which is Texas Roadhouse because duh gift cards and hellooo loaded sweet potato)!

I have to say I've slept like a rock most nights this week, I have more energy, and best of all? I haven't had a headache all week. I normally get them regularly, but cutting out a lot of the caffeine/sugar has helped, I think!

I hope you have a fun weekend planned! Enjoy, friends! :)

11 comments:

  1. Yay way to go! Find me on fitbit - pianokeys81 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for expanding on the Tone It Up series further! I actually get their emails all the time and ignore them!

    Once I saw that most of their site is asking me for money I was like ehhhhh. But I think it's cool that you've found that we can do most of it for free. I think I'm going to check it out again!

    I am actually already doing some mini work outs everyday (new year new me lol) and I might be ready to step it up. 45 mins of cardio tho... I don't know about all that! ;) Love you! lol

    Amanda! @ www.WhiteGrilRoadTrip.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you guys buy your protein?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also struggle with eating better, but can work out like a boss! I definitely need to find that balance. Get it gurlie! Happy Friday <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eating well is definitely my downfall, too. You are doing great, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on making it through week 1 of the TIU challenge! :) Eating is my downfall too. I can totally relate to that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go girl! I love Tone It Up!! For health reasons I decided not to participate in the challenge this time but we set a goal to workout 3x a week for the next 6 months. I always ruin it with eating because I just love unhealthy food haha. The TIU recipes are pretty good though so that really helps! Good luck on the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome job! We have been trying to eat healthy too. Today I had marinated chicken to grill, and we were going to have brown rice and carrots. But at about 5:00 ALL I WANTED was pizza and I'd also seen a commercial that Pizza Hut pizza was half off. I was so tempted but I stayed strong and cooked the original meal, and in the end I'm so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love my FitBit! What's your email or username so I can add you? I'd love to cheer you on and even challenge you from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dinner plans look amazing....mmmm!!!! I need to get into a good program after baby comes. I'm trying to stay as active as possible during the pregnancy, but can't really do ab exercises and things like that (hah!) I would say I'm trying to be better about sweets....but I just ate a handful of peanut m and ms right after breakfast so.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. the no headache thing is AWESOME girl! seriously. you're killing it. the shrimp dinner looks so good! eating clean is definitely my downfall as well, and when life throws me curve balls i can normally stick with exercise but i turn to food for comfort, and it's never a comforting salad lol. trying to get back into the eating well this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!