Image Map

Friday, December 11, 2015

FRI-YAY!

Oh Friday, we finally made it. I'll be so thankful when that clock hits 4:30 and can head home! I've got my "annual review" at work today, and I'm so not a fan of these things. I'm just one of those people that always prepares for the worst, for no real reason, even when I've done a great job. So I'll be thankful when that's over!

Leaving work this evening also means its the beginning of our STAY-CATION. I have lots of fun planned for next week, and it will be GLORIOUS to just spend an entire week with Caleb, doing whatever our hearts desire. Although we aren't flying to some fancy beach, we're getting pretty lucky in the weather-department. Normally Ohio has freezing temps by November, but not this year We're hitting mid 60's. My body is so confused, but I don't hate it.
...okay so maybe I DO wish we were on a sandy beach ;) but we will just pretend!

Tomorrow is also one of my favorite nights of the holiday season. My companies Christmas party! They serve what I consider to be the best meal of our year (steak, lobster, bacon wrapped scallops, shrimp, family style sides, etc.!), so you could say I'm excited.
woah - throwback to dark hair.
All in all, Caleb and I had a pretty great week! I made the most simple yummy crock pot meal and had so much leftover. If you're looking for something easy and quick, click this! Creamy Ranch Chicken -- the only complaint was I couldn't really taste the ranch, so I believe next time I'll be adding more mix.

We went on quite a few long walks after dinner, marveled at all the gorgeous lights in our neighborhood, and just enjoyed our time together this week. Nothing fancy, but it was just perfect.

I hope you all have a fun weekend ahead of you! Enjoy it :)

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a fantastic weekend planned! I have to give an annual review to one of my employees today and I hate them too! It's not any easier to give them than it is to hear them! I'll be glad when mine is over too! :) Come on, 4:00!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have some fun days ahead! It's also currently in the upper 50's to mid 60's in VA here lately and I'm loving it. I hate having to start my car in the mornings, so it's nice to not have to do that-haha. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great staycation! The food at your company party sounds amazing! I want to work with you haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WEEEEEE for staycation! Those are so much fun, I LOVE THEM!!!!! Have so much fun at your holiday party. I'm skipping ours because it's kind of lame and not worth driving to, haha. I know you are going to rock your review! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your staycation is going to be amazing!! Hope you enjoy it girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have so much fun at your company's Christmas party and enjoy that staycation girl! Especially with this insanely warm weather!! I didn't even wear my winter coat to work today since it's supposed to get into the upper 60s!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have the best staycation ever!! Isn't the weather so weird?! I'll take it though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I wish I were on a beach too, hahahahaha! Is there one in your future at all?

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had such a fun time doing a Cincinnati staycation right before we moved - there's so much good stuff to do. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annual reviews are THE WORST. Even when I was really proud of the job I'd done and received nothing but good feedback, I would still walk into my boss' office trembling and bracing myself to get fired. Have the best time on your staycation! I love those. I did a few short ones while I was pregnant and it was the best to just bask in being home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beaches are awesome but sometimes a stay cation just can NOT be beat! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your stay-cation!!! Hope you have lots of fun and are able to relax too. I'll be thinking of you while I'm at work haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!