Image Map

Monday, June 1, 2015

6 reasons I loved my weekend.


1. Caleb and I got nearly 2 full hours at the pool after work Friday and I already have a bit of a tan line. We've already made it to the pool twice this season, which is more visits than all of last summer combined. We're determined this year! ;)

2.  We shot our 7th wedding of the year on Saturday. This was one of those wedding days where the timeline kinda fell out the window and nothing went according to plan, but we still managed to have a really fun day with everyone and got a lot of awesome shots!

3. We heard a really amazing message on parenting at church Sunday. No, we're not parents yet...and we don't plan to be for a while, but there was still SO much truth to the message and that's always so awesome to hear. God's grace is so good!

4. There was about 5 hours yesterday that we just flopped. We had some music on, Caleb and I each did our own things, and it rocked. Having things we both love and can do on our own is so important, I think!

5. Church kickball. It's serious, guys ;) its SO fun to get together with people (some you hardly know, some feel like family) and just play a couple games of competitive kickball. We had way too much fun!

6. Starting a good movie way too late and deciding to eat cereal at midnight with my man...cause sometimes, ya just gotta say what bedtime?

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend!! I know we did!

15 comments:

  1. #4--so, so important! And something I have to continuously remind myself of...it's OKAY to do your own things and you should!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7th wedding of the year??? you go girl! i love time to just do your thing - that's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a perfect weekend!! What movie did you watch?! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being able to spend time together into the wee hours of the night.....nothing better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayyy for kickball! I've always wanted to join a kickball team, they look like so much fun! Sounds like the perfect weekend, and cheers to more pool time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally bummed that only one day this week since the pool has open has it been warm enough to swim and I was busy that day!! Hopefully soon or I will need a beach vacation! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love movies + cereal! :) We are avid late night movie watcher, and I always end up falling asleep. Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen to midnight cereal. Glad I'm not the only one. I often find myself in a need of a little snack before bed (not good - I know) and I almost always opt for Raisin Bran. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Although we don't plan to become parents anytime soon either, I always love the messages on parenting. Matt Chandler has a few really great ones! I feel like you can never start preparing your heart too early

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like such a great weekend! :) I'm glad you're mixing in fun with all your wedding work! Haha I looooove eating cereal anytime of day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun! I can't wait to eat cereal with Matthew at midnight just because in a couple of months!!!! Glad y'all had a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sound amazing- wish I was at the pool now! Although, I wouldn't be getting any kind of tan... I just burn! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. #4 for sure! I love the random nights Jared wants to play a video game and he's like, "Why don't you just pin some stuff next to me?" YES SIR! Don't have to ask me twice! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pool time sounds really great. I'm always jealous when I get snap chats of people laying out by the pool. And I'm a big fan of flopping. :) Especially when you have someone to do it with you even if they aren't necessarily involved in whatever you're doing. Your weekend sounds kind of perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Last summer we would go to the pool every Sunday and sometimes Saturday too. I hope y'all are able to have many pool days this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!