Image Map

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pushing yo'self.

Last night, Caleb and I ran a few miles in the cold wind, and rain. Yes, RAIN. I looked at him during the run at one point like "we're not turning around yet?!" He said "that's what jackets are for!" and we pushed on. Once we were done, I realized it was a pretty quick couple miles and I was very excited. It made me realize I'm easily running over 2 miles with no problem. Even with the hills in our subdivision... I don't have to stop anymore!

I'm in week 8 of my half training and its gone pretty well. Although I missed my long run last Sunday, I'm doing quite well. This morning I even woke up before work to get my 4.5 miles in. Who am I turning into?! With every step I take, burning legs and all, I literally have to tell myself "Kayla, this is making you STRONGER...don't you dare give up"...and I've somehow been finding a way to go that extra 100 yards, that extra mile... and its making all the difference. I saw a neat quote on Pinterest and loved it; "Your legs are not giving out, your head is giving up. Now keep going!".

I've also been stalking stores for a cute running tank, I think its a known fact that you run harder in cute gear...so I should probably just go ahead and buy this, yeah?


My run last night also made me think about my list of fitness goals for this month, and while I won't meet all of them (sadly), I've made a LOT of progress, and I think that's something to be proud of. I don't always love running, but I sure do love the feeling of accomplishment it gives me. I'm finally understanding that there is no such thing as a 'bad run'. There's running, and then there's sitting on the couch...and I'm choosing to be active! It's not always easy, heck, most days I'd prefer to sit on the couch (with ice cream in hand) , but once that workout is done? I never ever regret it.

Next time I try and come up with an excuse not to workout -- I need to remind myself that its always worth it! I WILL crush this half marathon!!

14 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!! Running in the rain- that is some dedication!! So proud of you for pushing yourself!!!!! You WILL crush that half marathon! And that tank...so cute!!!! Most days I'd prefer to sit on the couch with ice cream in hand, too, but I have never once regretted a workout either!! I love the feeling after working out, and usually more than feeling bloated laying on the couch lol. Thanks for the inspiration this morning!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tank is awesome! I was at work and saw another one that said, I don't sweat I sparkle and I thought it was pretty cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job sticking with it in the cold and rain! And I am loving that tank! Get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Workout clothes definitely make it easier to workout! And good for you for getting your miles in- especially in the morning!! I totally bailed this morning on my workout...and now I'm bummed about it.

    You will kill that half marathon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo you go!!! It definitely sounds like you've earned that thank ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally rooting for you and I know you'll dominate your half! WOO! Also, I think you definitely deserve that tank...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo!! It's such a good feeling when you start making progress and you realize your hard work is paying off. I'm looking forward to getting back into running this year once the sidewalks aren't a skating rink. My boyfriend and I started running together last year, but as soon as the first snowfall hit, that was that! Ah well, at least we'll suffer again together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah you will crush it!!!! I think being active just makes being lazy even sweeter! Cause you earned it! Everyone needs a rest day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Buy it, buy it - because its a wonderful phrase ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job lady!! I too went on a run today and it felt so good to not stop and feel like it wasn't totally miserable. SUCCESS! And I totally agree that cute tank tops or clothes are inspirational for hard workouts :-) I like to think of them as rewards for sticking with it and will TOTALLY justify buying new workout clothes if I've worked out consistently. "Life is short - buy the shoes"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go! I really wish I had your drive. But you should definitely buy that tank!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um, you should totally buy that tank top! So cute :)

    ~Ashley / haveashley.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too have to talk to myself when I'm working out to remind myself that I can do it even if my brain is trying to tell me otherwise. That quote about your legs not giving out, your head is giving up is SO true! As I prepare to begin trying to run again I'm going to have to keep that in mind.

    I am so proud of your progress! You can do this girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!