Image Map

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Being intentional with friends.

I know I mentioned it yesterday, but I got to spend a LOT of time with those I love most over the weekend. Literally every day, we spent it with our best friends or family (or both), and I can't explain the happiness that my heart felt. My girl Lyndsie, who resides in TN, was in town and it was so fun seeing her. We got to talk about life, our issues, and just enjoy being weird together. Sunday morning though, I got to take some quick, fun family pictures for their Christmas card and can we talk about their precious dog!?!? Friends, say hello to Casper....

Lyndsie's mom, Lori, always buys goofy props for the back side of their Christmas card photo and she never fails to crack me up with them. Lyndsie's Dad's sweater literally said "Meowy Christmas".... they are the best.

It just got me thinking how thankful I am for the few GOOD friendships I have. Those few girls who carve out time in their crazy schedules to meet up for coffee (or preferably, hot cider), or a quick phone call just to say hello for no other reason than just that. I will be forever grateful that I have a few great friends like that. I've said it before, but I don't have a "big group" of friends I hang out with, just a few close friends that I've met in different stages of life, and I love that they will always be there. Their friendships aren't something I'll take for granted.

One of those girlfriends of mine, Angie, lives kinda far away, and it sucks that I feel so apart from her right now (she's engaged!!), but I'm so so thankful that this Friday, Caleb and I get to see her and her fiancé, Tyler. Their wedding is on New Years Eve and we absolutely can't wait to be a part of it!! Last night we booked our hotel, for a surprisingly cheap rate for 2 nights, my bridesmaid dress is getting altered tonight and I can't wait for it to fit just right, and I'm on the hunt for a pair of plain black matte heels. I'm really excited for the last week of this year...Christmas and an amazing friend getting hitched?! Woohoo! For just those couple nights, me and a few friends will all be reunited and I can't wait for that hot happen.

In other news, I'm hoping to order our Christmas cards tonight. Anyone else being a procrastinator like me? ;)

13 comments:

  1. I agree, quality over quantity in the friendship department. Too many people worry about having A LOT of friends and so they keep bad people in their lives, which I find ridiculous. As you get older you realize, wow, I just need the few that will always be there not the many to party with. Great post, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyndsie has different hair now, right?! I love it. A New Year's Eve wedding sounds amazing. What a fun way to ring in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same camp--quality over quantity for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quality in friends is by far the best! Most of mine live farther away and have kids and such to handle. I never get to see them, but when we do we make the most of it! And a side note: I love Lyndsie's red hair!
    Not only have I not ordered our Christmas cards yet, but we haven't had our photos done! They had to get rescheduled for this Sunday! Yikes! I hope they come out great, and get edited quick! I use Walmart for our cards so they are usually super fast getting to me. I hope this year that is true too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't ordered a christmas card either- on my list! A NYE wedding! how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just ordered mine Monday! #oops. And now I'm sitting like a little puppy at the door waiting for them to be delivered. Oh hey, they haven't even been shipped yet. I should calm down.

    I love love the idea a NYE wedding! A girl I grew up dancing with did a NYE wedding several years ago---it was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha!!! I just finished our Christmas cards last night!!! I am the biggest procrastinator every single year! Your friend's family is adorable and the pictures had me cracking up....that sweater!!! AWESOMEness!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely agree with the quality friendships over the quantity friendships!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ummm Lyndsie's hair - LOVE! I have a small group of amazing friends as well and I'll take it any day! I love having those people that I can just go to and they are there no matter what and know me through and through! I wish we lived closer for hot cider dates!!! But I will be visiting soon!! A wedding on New Year's Eve just seems so magical! I bet it will be a blast!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. CASPER!!!! You have lots of friends my dear... I can think of 6 right off the top of my head! ;) You are a loved girl by SO many people and I hope you know that!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gotta love those kinds of friends! I thank God everyday for my little group of gals :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those pictures are great!! Love the silly props she got, that's a good idea! Glad you got to see your friend, Nashville is a little far!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That dog is too cute. So is the goofy picture for the back of the Christmas card. I can't get over that Meowy Christmas sweater. My best friend would absolutely love that, so I'm on the hunt for it now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!