Image Map

Monday, December 2, 2013

SO AMAZING.

Seriously, the past 4 days though...I think the best word I could use to describe it would be AMAZING. Honestly, 4 straight days off work? I still can't even believe it happened. We had the best time. I don't even care that most of it was spent being lazy...like, super lazy.

Our first Thanksgiving as a married couple was amazing. We went to my Dad's side of the family and had a blast. I love my aunt and uncles house, it feels like its straight out of a Southern Living mag.






Then there's these goofballs.
After everyone left my aunt and uncles we headed back to my grandparents to pick up my brother's wallet. My grandpa gifted my brother and Nanny (my grandma) a piano as an early Christmas present. So, of course the boys spent some time serenading me...it was adorable.



The 3 of us then headed to Walmart so we could score some Blu Rays, and boy did we. It's a goal of mine and Caleb's to own every Disney/Dreamworks/Pixar movie ever...and we definitely made a dent on that checklist. We're kind of considering it a gift to ourselves for Christmas!

That night we fell asleep on the love seat finishing Season 2 of Dexter (seriously...amazing).
Friday was spent doing nothing major, sleeping in (Caleb surprising me with donuts, he's a keeper), just relaxing and grabbing a few gifts for some family for a couple hours. We again, fell asleep to Dexter that night.

I'll be back tomorrow for more on my weekend...and guess what? We put up that christmas tree of ours...I'm so excited!!! It was another "first" in our marriage and it was so much fun to do!

11 comments:

  1. Keith and I have the same disney movie goals and I got my hands on the Little Mermaid and Monsters U - very excited! Someone told me to join the Disney movie club but I think I'm just going to wait for good deals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it was an amazing weekend :) I could get used to 4 days off! I tried to watch Monsters U Friday night but fell asleep haha but Saturday night I made it through it and loved it!!! Can't wait to see the Christmas tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for long holidays and quality time with family! I always wish I would have learned to play the piano.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walmart is always great for movies on Black Friday. It is pretty much the only reason I go- to get new movies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need to get our tree up! (I'm hoping that will happen tonight.) Which movies did you get? I want to own all of them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Long holidays are the best. Especially when you get to spend them with your husband. I'm glad your first married Thanksgiving was fun!

    http://innerworkingsofthefemalemind.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love marriage firsts!! I'm glad you had such a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Disney/Pixar idea! That is SO perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pies though!!!! YUM! And how cute that the boys sang to you!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like it was such a great Thanksgiving weekend! I love the goal to own every Disney movie. I may have to steal that goal. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!