Image Map

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Falling down happens, but getting back up is necessary.

Sometimes, life just happens. Today marks the start of week 9 since I've officially been on my "fitness journey". I've seriously been proud of myself thus far. Up until last week I had been hitting the gym an average of 4 times a week. Up until last week I packed my lunches daily, and wasn't giving in to the holiday treats as much. Like I said...that was UP UNTIL last week.

As you can imagine, the holidays came closer, life became more hectic, family was in town, things came up...so Monday was the ONLY day I was able to get in a really good workout. Sure, I took a few short walks throughout the week, but nothing like my normal workout routines.

So it had been a FULL WEEK since I'd been in the gym, and boy was it good to be back. I could've spent those few days away from the gym beating myself up, getting angry that I "didn't make time" for it, but instead I'm choosing to accept that sometimes, life just HAPPENS...and that's okay. It's not about the number of times you fall down, or if you do at all, its about getting back up...and going back at it even harder (and having fun with it when you do).

After my first (and only) official 5K!
I learned a lot about my body in the week I was away from the gym.
I ate like crap.
I felt like crap.
I slept like crap.

So, did I go to the gym last night? You betcha, and it was awesome.

10 comments:

  1. =) Love this. This is real life! Fall down, get up, be fabulous! Keep on, keepin on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you! I'm finally getting the hang of being ok with the "it's ok to do life and not workout one day" thing. We are going to run a race together one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last week was a "bad" week for me too. I went running for the first time in a week last night and my old lady body can't take being off like that. ha! Glad to know that you didn't just give up after your "off" week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I need your motivation for the gym!! Send me some, please :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so true! thanks for this honest and motivating post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this attitude!!! I have to tell myself the same thing when I'm following a training plan and life makes it a little more complicated! Missing a few days isn't the end of the world as long as you hop back on the train when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good. For. You. !!! That's awesome that you motivated yourself to get back in there. :) We were snowed in all weekend. I worked out at home, but this morning was my first day back in the gym and it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo! Go girl! I always remind myself that the little bit I do is better than nothing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're exactly right! Life does happen & it's definitely important to try and just enjoy it & then you can always get back in the groove of working out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's crazy how your body adjusts to eating healthy, then when you eat crappy foods it really affects you! The hardest part about working out routines for me is I'm either social with no gym, or I'm anti-social but go to the gym a lot. I can't have my cake and eat it too. I have such a hard time incorporating a social life with my gym life! So I applaud your 9 weeks because right now I'm probably at.... 1 :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!