Image Map

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A colorful soirée!

Like I said yesterday, I had the chance to shoot a last minute Indian wedding reception over the weekend. We got the call last week; the couple decided two weeks ago it was time to get married and they whipped everything together in that little amount of time! I can't even express how beautiful the bride was. All these colors?! I was dying! Unfortunately, it began raining so the 'shoot' at a nearby park we wanted to do wasn't able to happen...so we snuck outside their venue before the reception began. All I had to work with was an unclean strip mall, but I'm very happy with how the shots turned out!



I meaaaaaan!! Girlfriend is rocking the purple lips!





My favorite thing about weddings is just seeing all the unique personalities, decorations, and traditions. I love this gig! I have loads more I want to share, but haven't got around to editing them yet.

On a more random note...last night, Caleb and I went to our worship leaders home and took part in the first Fantasy Football Draft! I've gotta say, I'm really proud of my team and have high hopes for the season!! Any of you ladies football fans?! Speaking of...I can't wait to link up with my soulmate this Friday for "Football Friday"!! Have a great day, friends!

PS - HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLEY!!!! I'm so happy we crossed paths in this humongous blog land... you have one of the sweetest hearts I know! Enjoy today, and all the surprises it brings :)

15 comments:

  1. LOVE Indian weddings! These photos are great, way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty and bright colors!! Good job girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are football fans, we cheer for the Rams for pro, then Mizzou for college however we don't do drafts because we just aren't that great at them. But I'll cheer on whoever you need to win for the week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! These are awesome! Never EVER would have guessed that you were just outside a strip mall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kayla, these pictures are beautiful! What an awesome experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so good! The colors really are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful pictures!!! Sometimes I wish American weddings could be more colorful than the typical black tux and white dress. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures are absolutely stunning friend. I love the colors and just the sweetness of them! You are doing an amazing job! Thank you for the birthday shout out too! So thankful for you and your sweet heart. :) Hope you have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are beautiful. You did a great job under less than ideal circumstances. I would love if you would post more as they are edited, because I'm getting married to a wonderful (Indian) man in May, and I'm wearing a saree! It would be great to see more from this wedding for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely gorgeous! i love the colors on her sari

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous photos (like usual). love all the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pictures and all the colors!! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to go to an Indian wedding...if only I knew someone Indian! She is absolutely gorgeous - love that pic of her behind him and looking up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!