Image Map

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

BAM!

I never did get around to posting about my week LAST week! So what were some of my favorite parts?!

Having a few of my gals over for the last time before my Lyndsie moves to Nashville. Don't get me wrong...I'm psyched for her, but Cincinnati just won't be the same! So it was fun making my homemade salsa, tacos, and enjoying girl time for a few hours. Next thing we knew it was 10:30...whoops! But just like every time, we had a blast together, and of course snuck a few pictures. This one just makes me laugh...I am infamous for my many chins :) ...just ask Erin!!


If you read my posts last week you probably saw that I would write about our two nights in Columbus on Buckeye Lake right before our anniversary began. Our friends family owns a lake house so a ton of us get together a couple times a year to take advantage, and catch up on life. I mean...just look at this view.


A couple of our friends recently had a baby and oh my word, I can't EVEN explain how adorable and HAPPY she was the whole time!! Just look at this sweet face!!

We played corn hole (and HOLLA, I was a beast...I had no idea) and water volleyball. Caleb and I drove jet ski's, and watched the sun go down on the water...it doesn't get any better than that. Our last night there, the girls and I took the longest walk, and it was so awesome to catch up with them. I know those girls would be there for me if I ever needed them, and I'm so blessed to have gotten to know them through Caleb and his friends.



Oh and a few friends brought their amazing dog, Thor.
Yes, those are swans!!

It wasn't ideal to NOT wake up in our own home on our anniversary, but it was a lot of fun having everyone tell us Happy Anniversary upon walking down the stairs. We know some pretty great people.

I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend last week, and remembered the true reason of it all. Thanks to all our past, present, and future military who serve to keep us safe on a daily basis. We are so thankful!

11 comments:

  1. That lake house looks amazing! :) I'm glad you guys had a great time! I tried playing corn hole the other week and I stink!!! It was either to side of the board or right over it :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's just something about a weekend at the lake. Glad you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lake house looks like the PERFECT way to spend a weekend!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that view is stunning!! you are just the cutest! i love your face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That view is gorgeous and I'd guess there are few things more romantic than a jet ski ride at sunset. *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pictures are absolutely beautiful!! That trip sounds like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your photos!! So jealous of your lake house weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw what a fun little getaway with friends. That view is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like the perfect weekend friend. I always love your crazy pictures. They make me smile. It's my last week of school so get ready for lots of gchat dates.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sad that Nashville ended for the season! Such a guilty pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS....I am a "kayla junkie" and just read through all your posts that I've missed this past week (i read the weeks before when I was missing). I love that you had such a fun anniversary. Those jumping pictures are awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!