Image Map

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

So, about last night.

Let me just tell you about last night. For those of you who don't follow me on twitter (shame on you)... (totally kidding), I talked about how Caleb and I were getting "wined and dined" by a co-worker, literally.

One of my very generous co-workers pulls together this annual outing just for fun for our entire firm and whoever wants to bring their "plus ones", for a fancy dinner and a musical afterward. On last nights agenda was Nicholson's, the first pub in Cincinnati.


Lets talk about the menu, I tried new things, and loved it all!


That, my friends, is called a Scotch Egg.. basically a hard-boiled egg, deep fried and wrapped in sausage. Don't worry, I only had half off an egg. My arteries are clogging just thinking about it. I also had a small side of lobster mac-n-cheese, OMG. Sooo yummy. For my actual meal I had a pulled pork sandwich, its like my go-to when I don't know what else to order. 

After the yummy dinner, we walked across the street to the Aronoff Center, its beautiful. I don't know that I've been in years.


We saw the musical Jersey Boys. It was so much fun!! I really enjoyed it, and I think Caleb did too, for not being an "artsy" person. He'd probably much more enjoy Disney on Ice, and lets be real.. who wouldn't?! ;) Now for the ONLY picture we got of ourselves that night.. please excuse the terrible quality.


Hope you all have a fabulous Wednesday!! Have you been to a musical lately? What's your favorite?? I need some recommendations, ladies!!



19 comments:

  1. Ummm TSO!!! But I don't think I need to repeat myself for the millionth time :) How nice of your coworker to do this for y'all! Sounds like you had a great night!

    And just started following you on Twitter - @SouthernOurWay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun!!! looks like a great time! I love musicals! any of them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! Your food looks like it was amazing! I love Riesling!

    I love going to musicals, my favourite would have to be Billy Elliot!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh it looks so classy. thank goodness you didn't go cranberry vodka lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Jersey Boys. It's definitely a musical that everyone can get in to...like you said. What a fun night!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, now that's an annual party! i'd love to go to a musical and to be wined and dined on the company's penny. haha.
    ps. i'm heading to your twitter now. shame on me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...you got spoiled! This sounds amazing! I need to get a job where you work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun!! I'm a closet (okay not so closet) Broadway nerd! The last show I saw was Ghost when I went to NYC in August, it was AMAZING. So sad it closed!! I've also been counting the days until the Les Miserables movie comes out, it's my all time favorite!! It sounds like your night was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. egg, sausage AND fried? sounds like a party to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg it looks like you had a blast!!!! cheers to jersey boys! my husband didn't like musicals at first, but now he LOVES them...which obviously makes me thrilled because i try to watch all the ones that come to town, or ones in the cities i end up visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! I want to see Jersey Boys! P.S. I nominated you for a Liebster Award!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On my blog...
      http://simplyinspiredme.blogspot.com/?m=1

      Delete
  12. Yum! I love trying new things! You have to see Wicked, if you haven't yet. I listened to that soundtrack for like two months straight. I really want to see Hairspray, but I haven't seen it. McKay says "no." hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. How great tat you got a night out like that! The food looked delicious! And I loved Jersey Boys! I honestly didn't think I would but it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, your food choices. Yes. You're a girl after my own heart/stomach:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!