Image Map

Friday, February 10, 2017

Friday, but kind of not.

Today is Friday and the office is filled with chocolates, donuts, cake pops and homemade goods. I really thought this wouldn't happen until Valentine's Day, but hey, I'm not complaining. As the Receptionist at my company, I've been thinking about "stepping up" my receptionist game (reminds me of The Office, every time) by bringing in homemade goods, planning fun little events, etc.!

Yesterday at the all-employee quarterly meeting, I was given a plaque for my 5 year work anniversary. I have to say I never thought I would be here for 5 years, but I'm super thankful I have been. It was super sweet to hear the CEO's talk about me so highly and to get the quick little "congrats" from my co workers throughout the day! Although answering phones and keeping track of the conference room schedule isn't my life calling or anything, I'm super grateful God planted me here all those years ago. I've made some really great friendships and have some awesome memories, too!

Transitioning into my other work life now, we have our first wedding of 2017 on the books tomorrow! I have to say Caleb and I are both excited, but a little nervous. This happens every year, before the first wedding, the feeling of "what if we forget how to do this" kicks in. Yet somehow we end up picking up right where we left off and enjoying ourselves and before we know it the day is over.

This week was rather uneventful...if you don't count the night I cut my finger open while cleaning a kitchen knife, ugh.

Some highlights of the week?
Ordering a pizza because who cares on a Monday.
Forgetting responsibilities and starting a new show together.
Getting more paid-time-off because I hit my 5 years at work!
Making my first cup of coffee for the year!

I hope everyone has a fun weekend ahead of them! Make it awesome!

7 comments:

  1. You should totally do little office stuff like you mentioned. It'll surely bring a smile to someone's face :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ordered a pizza on Wednesday night because we were both too tired/sick to fix anything or go get anything for dinner...it's kinda the best! Woo hoo for 5 years at your company AND getting more PTO!!!! Good luck to you both on your first wedding of 2017 tomorrow- y'all are going to ROCK it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a great weekend! Who doesn't love pizza? I have to stop myself from ordering pizza a lot. Also, congrats to 5 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 5 years! That's awesome! Good luck at the wedding, you guys are going to rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5 years is a fantastic milestone. Before I decided to be a SAHM, I was with my company for 8 years and NEVER EVER thought I would be there that long! I loved my job though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on working there for 5 years! That’s really wonderful, and love the recognition you received :) I hope the first wedding of 2017 went AMAZING yesterday, can’t wait to hear about it!

    Lexi of Lex Be Livin’

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!