Image Map

Monday, May 16, 2016

Exhausted but thankful!

Friday, Caleb and I took another half day from work to photograph another amazing wedding. The couple (Nic and Kayla - yes, her name was Kayla and she was pretty stinkin awesome) was amazing, the location was insanely cool, and the weather couldn't have been better. I love when the bride and groom make photos a priority! It makes our job so much more fun!




Their reception was so much fun. Kayla basically forced us to enjoy ourselves (and put our cameras down) when her entire family called us onto the dance floor - it made our night! So many guests thanked us for being there and paid us SO many incredible compliments. We honestly left feeling so humbled and so thankful! We headed to a hotel in Dayton where we stayed the night - since our Saturday bride would be getting ready there!


Alyssa and Nathaniel had such a beautiful wedding! Seriously everything was gorgeous. Her dress, her hair, her cathedral veil, and AH! She even made her own bouquet. I couldn't believe how gorgeous the peonies were. My pupils were replaced with tiny red hearts all day!





We got to ride around in the venue's Gator for our shoot with them and had ourselves a blast!


Sunday morning, we slept in. Kind of felt bad skipping church, but we didn't even set an alarm to wake up. It was much needed, though! Imagine my surprise as Caleb and I are cleaning the main floor, and our doorbell rings! It was my brother with the prettiest YELLOW roses!! He also brought Caleb some candy. He walked in and thanked us for being some of the most prominent people in his life. I couldn't help but cry! How thoughtful?! I'm so grateful for the man he's becoming! I just couldn't believe he was getting ME a gift even though he's the one graduating this week! Thursday can't come soon enough!!

We also spent our afternoon relaxing with Erin and Jared - playing some of our favorite board games! It may have been our last one before their sweet babe makes his arrival, so we really enjoyed ourselves!

Hope everyone had a fun weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Wow! It sounds like the wedding with Kayla was awesome! It's always so nice to do work for people who are kind and appreciative! Makes you want to go the extra mile for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, super gorgeous wedding pictures. It must feel awesome to be recognized for your hard work at these weddings! You deserve it! I don't know HOW you find time to blog with everything else you do! That's so sweet about your brother. What a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are machines!! Way to go on giving more couples such gorgeous photos!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing weekend! That is so sweet - I love the relationship you have with your brother :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous photos! Also, how sweet of your brother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was so sweet of your brother! The photos y'all took are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bride's TOMs?! LOVE LOVE LOVE! And love Alyssa's wedding dress- that sheer part of the dress at the top is just calling my name lately haha, can I get married again?! ;) So glad you guys had 2 great weddings and NOW catch a little break!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Toms are AMAZING!!! I also wore Toms for my wedding. :) And your brother is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh goodness, both brides had the most beautiful bouquets!! And speaking of flowers, your brother is so super sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love looking at your pictures. You're amazing at what you do! I'm also loving those Toms. I kind of want to order some right now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two gorgeous weddings! I love that navy blue was one of the colors at the second one. So sweet of your brother to bring little gifts for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That first bouquet is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!