Image Map

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Birthday weekend: coming right up!

Is it Friday yet?! I haven't been looking forward to a weekend this much in a WHILE. I'm very excited. Caleb and I, along with our best friends, are celebrating my birthday! Which isn't until Sunday but we've decided to take a little road trip somewhere to celebrate and to just get away for a couple days!

I'm not usually one to make wish-lists, but ever since we signed up for Amazon Prime a couple years ago, I just can't help it!! Also, it makes for a good blog post. So in honor of my upcoming 24th, here are a couple things I've had my eyes on lately!
1// gold bar necklace I might be late to the party, but these little things are beautiful. I'd probably want it engraved with something like our anniversary in roman numerals, or a word like "worthy".
2// an adorable headband like this one. I think with my hair being a little shorter, it could be easier to style, and this would be perfect with a basic tee!
3// a new camera strap the one Lyndsie got me a couple years ago is dirty because I wore the crap out of it, which is the point!
4// bluetooth speaker Caleb and I are always wanting music on while we cook, do laundry, or even just edit photos. Would be nice to have something we could sync with our phones to blast through the apartment....especially around Christmas time (yes, I said the C word)!!

I've also been eyeing some sort of instrument to learn to play. I envy that my awesome husband is so musically talented and...well, I'm just not. I want to be able to play alongside him, or even have him teach me!! I know it would be a blast, no matter what it was!

I also found an adorable print this week with an awesome verse, and its given me the "watercolor bug", whatever that is :)

Can I also just say one of my favorite things about August are all the awesome freebies that come in my email? LOVE! Free Auntie Annes, free slushee, free burger, free money! Hehe! Wish I could figure out how to get those emails ALL year round!! ;)

In all honesty, I know its not about gifts... its just fun to put a collage of pretty things together. Just being able to spend time with my favorite people will be more than enough! With our insanely busy calendar, having two jobs, its hard to make time for those we love. So this weekend will be such a blessing!

15 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful 24th and enjoy your semi-spontaneous roadtrip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that camera strap! Its beautiful!!! Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun on your little getaway - where you guys headed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birrrrthday weekend!!! Have so much fun!! I love water color prints like that...the Do More of What Makes You Happy one just makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bluetooth speakers rock. I love my HMDX Jam speaker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love. Love. Love. Birthday's are always fun and it's definitely okay to have some materialistic wishes too. :D I hope you have the BEST Birthday weekend!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy early birthday! It's always great to make a wish list! Those gold bar necklaces definitely are the rage right now. Hopefully your weekend is full of love with the people you love, and a few gifts too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you want to start with a cheap and simple instrument, I'd recommend you pick up a ukulele. Not only is it adorable and quirky but also a good introduction into the wonderful world of music. Have a wonderful birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh that headband is cute, though i am 100% sure it would not suit me lol. i have tried to make them work, and they just don't. i totally agree, it's not about the gifts, it's about spending time with your loved ones (fun!) but the gifts can be nice ;) hope you have the best weekend birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't help it - I love reading these wish lists! Haha...those prints are SO cute! I love them! As you already know, I'm a huge advocate for learning to play something! Have so, so much fun on your trip! Can't wait to read/hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That headband is really really cute! Where is it from?? The link doesn't work!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just got that necklace for my 24th birthday and I LOVE it! I wear it all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving that pineapple print and that bluetooth speaker! Have an amazing birthday gurlie and trip with your friends <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, I ended up buying a She Reads Truth print after all. I am excited to hang it up somewhere in my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found a precious Etsy store that does an amazing job on the bar necklaces. She is QUICK and very reasonable. The store is Boots and Arrows. I keep getting little gifts for my brides from there. :) I hope your birthday was as amazing as you are.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!