Image Map

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Balyage, baby! & other weekend plans!

So many great things happened this weekend, that only a collage was appropriate.

Friday, my mom and I had a ladies night. Dinner at O'Charley's, journal purchasing at TJ Maxx, and movie watching at my place. Saturday, I was super excited to get to sleep in...but once I remembered I was getting my hair done that afternoon, I couldn't get ready fast enough. Caleb wanted it more blonde again, yet I didn't want to keep up with roots every 8 weeks...so my stylists compromise? Balyage...apparently that's the appropriate term for subtle highlights painted on from the bottom up? Regardless, she did an awesome job and I'm pumped about it!

Once I got home, Caleb and I got busy cleaning our place...because we were having bunch of friends over to hang! I finally had an excuse to use my Ohio cutting board (but yes, I used it as a serving plate).

Sunday we were bad people and forgot to set alarms, so we missed church...that whole "losing an hour of sleep" thing really caught up with us. That afternoon we laced up because we knew we both had a hard workout in front of us. As I said yesterday, I had to run 5 miles...while Caleb did 7 miles on the elliptical! We were pretty proud of ourselves! So we rewarded ourselves with Marco's Pizza...I know, I know...but free coupons make it way more enticing. That bottom right photo is me just beaming with pride over my husband. He planned a whole lesson to teach to the youth group and straight rocked it. He's awesome.

I hope you guys had a great weekend, too!!

20 comments:

  1. We tried Marco's Pizza for the first time this weekend and YUM. Can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing that one opened down the street from us? Good thing for sure ;)

    YOUR HAIR! Insert all the heart eyed emojis right here ___________________. It's gawwwww-geous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hair and love the cutting board!! I need to get a texas one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is so pretty! That cutting board is adorable... I need to find a Florida one! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOUR HAIR!!! Looks perfect :) I'm already itching to get mine done again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair is so gorgeous!! I am getting mine cut this evening and look forward to it holding curl better!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks so so good!!!!! I always want to do something with mine, but there's only so much you can do when you're asian and have jet black hair. ;) I'm glad you had such a good weekend. I'm going to have to see if we havea macros near us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your hair!! I have been wanting to do something like that to my hair but I am not brave enough to do it four months before our wedding lol. Also, I love that cutting board!! Where did you get it?? Marco's Pizza is so good, and a free coupon makes it 100 times better lol. Glad y'all had a good weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute new 'do - I wish I had the guts to highlight or do something to my hair like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You hair looks so beautiful and shiny! I could seriously eat cheese, crackers and drink wine and survive entirely off of that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love your hair!!! Sounds like a good compromise to me :) Yumm cheese and crackers!! You're doing great with your running this month!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha I WANTED to miss church because I was so tired. Lame! Guess I'm glad I went though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hair is gorgeous, and I LOVE that cutting board! I miss Ohio :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love your hair! Perfect choice...and that cutting board is too cute for words. I would never actually cut on it. Haha! Decoration only.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like such an awesome weekend! I saw that pic of your hair on instagram this weekend and immediately wanted to make an appointment to get mine done! I've never dyed my hair before (!!!!) mostly because I don't think I'd like the upkeep, but I think this is something I could handle! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the cutting board! I recently got married and my brother added one to my registry on his own because he felt I needed to have an Indiana cutting board in my life while living in Florida :). I am working on becoming a runner myself. I have done a few 5k's and run some, but I have not made it to 5 miles at one time yet! What keeps you going?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I should realllllly make a hair appointment haha... you know, just to trim it up since it's been 8+ months! ;) I wanna see your new journal!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok, now I'm craving a roll from O'Charleys. They have THE best rolls! Love that Ohio cutting board...I would've totally used it as a serving plate as well. Do they have all the states? I want one for NC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I seriously love your hair. It is so subtle yet so perfect for you friend. Stunning!! I hope your upcoming weekend is just as amazing as your last weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!