Image Map

Monday, July 1, 2013

Weekend shenanies.

Friday: my man asked me on a spontaneous lunch date. Sure, it was only Subway...and only $4...and he only gets 30 whole minutes on break... but that isn't what I chose to focus on. I got 30 minutes mid-day to see my husband, which has never happened during the work week, and it made me pretty darn happy.


Immediately after work, we rushed to Sports Camp (post on this to come this week!) and unfortunately it poured down rain and a LOT of people left...but for those of us who stuck around afterwards? We got free Chickfila, and you KNOW how happy this makes me. Especially since Caleb and I are so tight with our money now (post on that to come also!), free is my friend.


Saturday: sort of slept in...hopped outta bed around 9:00. Got ready, popped popcorn at home, threw some cookies and diet coke's in my purse and met our faves up at the local theatre to see Monsters University... omg, amazing! I love Pixar/animated movies so much...you can just almost always guarantee they will be a huge hit.


Then we each got lunch on our own, and a couple hours later Erin and Jared came over to our place...we spent some time at the pool -- first time all summer, woo!

pic stolen from my sistaaa, sorryy.
Then, we headed back home to eat WAY too many servings of chips & cheese, baked potatoes and pretzels...oh and mountain dew, you just can't forget the dew. We played ghetto board games (it got a little heated, but nothing we can't handle!) and ended our amazing, sibling filled day with a super creepy movie.

Sunday: Sunday was filled with church, errand running, and relaxing. My girl Lyndsie (MOH in my wedding, duh) came over to watch our wedding DVD and just hang out for a bit. Around 5 we had youth group and then Caleb and I came back home, made dinner... (okay, french toast sticks...) and watched Iron Man 2!

How was YOUR weekend?

Sami's Shenanigans

16 comments:

  1. You know what those short days are sometimes the best lunch dates:) who can beat $4 ya know? Such fun pics with your love!
    mmmm chick fil! Being from MI we don't get it much so when we go south that is our treat we indulge in- but free? you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm free chickfila is the best! I really want to see Monsters U! Sounds like a great weekend :) Haha love that you had french toast sticks for dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun! i really want to see Monsters U! looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love french toast sticks and I love how you threw that in there. Breakfast for dinner is legit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Monsters U. We saw it at the drive in! :) Glad you had such a fun and relaxing weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a busy, fun weekend! I love getting to eat lunch with Derek, its so rare and we usually get fast food, but those are my favorite lunches ever!

    And I want to see Monster's U sooo so so bad! Glad to hear it was good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVED MU! So cute and now I want to watch it every night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, any time with your man is a good time...Subway or some fancy place...it's all relative!! :) Sounds like you had a busy, but nice relaxing weekend...my kids LOVED MU!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why are you so beautiful?! Please teach me!

    I would seriously go see Monsters U again, like right now. SO FUNNY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to see Monsters Universtiy! I'll probably wait until the dollar theatre though. wah wah wah. I think free food is the excitement of any young couple's life. It's been 5 years and we're still obsessed with free anything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for finally getting some much needed pool time!! I can't wait to see Monsters Inc. And a 30 min Subway date lunch sounds absolutely perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Free Chick fil a is probably the best thing in the world! & I love that y'all got to have a lunch date, even if it was short. Time with each other is great, no matter how short! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that you get so excited about a lunch date! So sweet of y'all! Also, Monster's University? LOVED IT. Such a cute movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. free chick fil-a! yum!!! and i agree, even 30 min with the one you love is SO LOVELY! glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the positivity in this post. My face was smiling right along with you through the whole weekend. I hope you have a great week my dear. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  16. the ONLY way to go to the movies is with a purse that weighs 5 lbs.. from all the snacks. :) i need to see monster's university.

    30 minute lunch breaks feel like you are the WORST. if you have to run an errand, no chance! SO sweet that Caleb took you on a lunch date!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!