Image Map

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

What I'm really thankful for

I love what November represents; being thankful for things. I love seeing my Facebook feed brighten up with people and things that my friends are truly thankful for! I'll never get tired of that. I haven't done any sort of "thirty days of thankfulness" post, so I thought I'd list a few things I'm truly thankful for today.

My insanely hilarious, goofy husband. For constantly making me laugh, pursuing me daily, and challenging me to be better.

All of our teens. These girls feel like my little sisters, but Caleb and I feel like we have an extended amount of siblings with these guys. We get to hang with over 25+ teens weekly and pour the Word of God into them and its just so amazing to watch them grow!

Having these guys as our best friends. Erin and Jared feel less like "in laws" and more like actual family. I love that we can all communicate with just a look (Bridesmaids, anyone?) and have so much fun together! Whether we're road-tripping down to Tennessee, or simply having a spontaneous game night. Everything is an adventure when the four of us are together!

Having warmth during this cold season. It's easy to forget the things that we have that others need so desperately. One of my youth group girls just started a Go Fund Me page to raise money so she can make approx 150 blankets to keep the Cincinnati homeless WARM this Winter! It makes me tear up thinking about her kingdom minded heart and how much of a difference she's going to make this holiday season! If you'd like to help by donating, or simply sharing the page, click here! THANKS!

These girls. I love them to the moon. Lyndsie, on the right, has been my best friend since 7th grade. We've been through basically everything together. We grew up together, we went through silly breakups with boys, and we were roommates in college for a hot second. I love that I can be my extremely weird, awkward self around each and every one of these ladies. The two in the middle are girls we met when we were in college, Becca and Angie. I know any of them would do anything for me, no matter how long its been since we've seen each other!

All of the amazing women in my family. Seriously, I hit the jackpot with them.

Getting to serve others by living out my passion; photography. I'm so thankful God blessed me with this gift and that I'm able to give others memories they can literally cherish and look back on for a lifetime!

My few blog friends (but really real life friends because I've met them all) that I talk to almost daily - you know who you are!!! Hiii Becky, hiii Anna!!

My in-laws! They are always willing to do anything for us. I'll never forget when I got a flat tire, and they were there within minutes. Or their excitement when they found out I was going to be their daughter in law! :)

My Dad and his wife, Amy! Although we don't see them near as much as we'd like, they are always willing to be there for us. My Dad isn't a very emotional man but I'll never forget those tears he cried on my wedding day. It wasn't a moment we captured on film, but its one I'll hold dear to my heart forever!

I could literally go on all day about the things I'm thankful for; my car, food, our income, a roof over our heads, clean water, our wardrobe, our health, french vanilla coffee :) and so on and so on! But I don't want to keep you here all day.

One last thing I'm thankful for though...is YOU! Yes, you! The readers (those who comment and those who don't) who encourage me to keep doing this blogging thing, even when I suck and don't feel like keeping up with it. I am so thankful to have each of you here almost every day with me!! It means so much you all listen to my rambles :)

4 comments:

  1. You are one lucky lady to have all people in your life and they are also lucky to have you!!!! I love FB around this time of the year, too! Everyone's thankful posts always get me in all my feels lol they are just all too sweet! LOVE that y'all work with the youth group at your church and that y'all are close with them!! Thankful for YOU, sweet friend!!!! :) Hope y'all have the best Thanksgiving with all of y'all's family!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to be thankful for! And love how close you guys are to Erin and her husband. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many wonderful things to be thankful for! Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet. You have so many amazing people in your life & that really is a blessing. I hope that you had an amazing Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!