Image Map

Thursday, November 13, 2014

After 4 weeks of no exercise...

Goodness. Going to the gym Tuesday night was honestly not what I wanted to do right after work. Work was a bit hectic, a consultation got cancelled due to unavailability, and I was just plain worn out. Then to top it off, I realized I left my headphones at home (since they weren't in my gym bag)...I made a choice though, and I was going to suck it up and make myself exercise...and I may or may not have stopped by the local TJ Maxx to buy a cheap pair of headphones to get me through...yes, it was necessary.

My goal was really only a mile or two of running, but I surprised myself by running just over 3 miles with little walking. You see, once I'm at the gym, already running, I'm good...its just getting there that's the hard part. But on that treadmill, I was reminded of a few things...

Pushing myself "just one more minute" is so rewarding. When the timer hit 29 minutes and I knew I only had 1 minute of my run left, I upped it by a minute, then another minute, then another minute. May not work for everyone, but it was like a fun challenge against myself. It totally worked and I was able to go further than usual. Ran for about 35 minutes total!

Running is SO therapeutic. I mean, after a ridiculously long day with a few problems, its nice to run your heart out to a crazy workout jam and feel pumped up. I truly feel so awesome once I'm finished with a hard workout...like I could do anything!

I was also reminded of how LONG it had been since I've consistently run... so to say I'm pretty sore today is an understatement, but it was totally worth it. I'm excited to be back in the game. It's about time!!! ;)

Today at work we're doing a service project for our community and I'm really excited about it. Not only are we helping a ton of people out, but we get to wear jeans, AND they asked me to take pictures. Woohoo! Combining both my professions? I could get used to this! Happy Thursday!!

8 comments:

  1. Yes!! My body feels like it hates me lol But how much do you love that sore feeling? I feel so darn accomplished in the morning when I can't get out of bed lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my butt to the gym both Tues and Wed (trust me, its cold, all I wanted was to stay at home and catch up on tv) and I felt better. Now I won't be able to get back until Sat/Sun but as long as we got there, its all good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay good for you! It always feels so good to get back on track. I would have done the same thing with the headphones ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! Getting to the gym is DEF the hardest part... I always have to remind myself that I never REGRET going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so right about getting to the gym. All I want to do when I get home from work is flop on the couch and watch Ellen. I make myself change into my gym gear before I get the chance to sit down...or else I'll never leave the apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job girl. and i know what you mean - the hardest part for me is walking out the door, whether it's to run or go to the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went running Tuesday too. It was rough lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go!!! Twice this week I got home and the last thing I wanted to do was run. I got myself to do it and felt 100x better that I did! Getting to it is the hard part but then it's great! Can't wait to run with you again!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!