Image Map

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Runners Tell All: Race picture!

Today's runners tell all link up was to share a race photo. When I read that about two months ago I laughed because I'd had like ONE race photo from my 5K a few years back (and up until then it was the only race I'd ever run), and lets be honest, it wasn't pretty. As I can't justify the nearly $30 price tag for race photos, I screen shot a few.... whoops!

This was a really good spot in the race for all of us, in the midst of running over 6 miles straight, we spotted a camera man! Woohoo! Still having a lot of fun at this point.

Then we hit a wall...a very hard, hilly, wall. I'd rather not show you the pathetic pictures of me holding my butt, hips, and knees. They were so achy!

But the finish line was finally near. I will forever curse the marathon photographers for cutting my adorable husband out of this shot...but still, its awesome. Pure joy!

I cannot explain how happy I was! I FINISHED!

But can I be honest? I have never been more proud of myself than I was in that moment. I freaking traveled 13.1 miles ON FOOT. That blows my MIND to think about!!!

I felt so many emotions and so felt so many things during that race.
Motivation...
Exhaustion...
Fear...
Excitement...
Disappointment...
Hope...
Pain...
but more than anything, happiness. I was happy. I did it. Something I had wanted to accomplish for years...and I made it happen, all by my bad self! ;)

Hopefully next time I do a race photo-post, it'll be a little more flattering, but still...I'm proud!
I love running!

18 comments:

  1. You look so happy in your photos! Congrats on conquering 13.1. Has the half marathon bug bit you now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love Jared's face! A half marathon is such a huge accomplishment and I'm so glad you did it!!! Can't wait to run with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun you guys did this together!! Congrats on # 1 under your belt!!
    Nice meeting you through the link-up!! Hope to stick around awhile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Race photos show the raw emotions of "Holy cow, did I really just do that?! Now let me go fall on the ground and cry!" ;) So I'd say that is flattering in a whole new raw emotion/go you kind of way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My picture for the link-up is from the flying pig too! All of my pictures from marathon foto turned out horrendous! Definitely don't blame you for taking screen shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finish line photos are the BEST! I think the half is my favorite distance because it's really the only one where you get to fully experience that range of emotions (the delirium you feel in a full marathon kinda negates some of them, haha).

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nothing unflattering about your pics - they exude your excitement and emotion, especially the last photo! I also love the hands-linked photo - a lovely visual memory of your teamwork. How frustrating your husband was cropped. Well, if the photographer thought half-marathon = half-husband in the official photo, you'd better get yourselves entered for a full marathon...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the commenter above me... nothing unflattering at all! This is real & raw emotion and hard work paid off! Although, I do agree that they shouldn't have cut out your husband! lol! Do his pictures have any of you in them? Thank you for sharing these. Gives me so much motivation =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are perfect!! I had no idea they had people out there making pictures for you to buy, hate that they are so expensive though!! The proofs are still great :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry your husband got cut out of the picture, because that is SUCH a good one and would be perfect to hang on the wall otherwise. Major bummer. But you do look so happy! Congrats again, girl! You are awesome. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at those finish line smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is amazing!!! I bet it feels incredible when you cross the finish line!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's such an epic picture - I love it! You look like you're having the most awesome time during that race and I can agree with you about all those emotions. It's just one roller-coaster ride isn't it! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I look nasty and large and charge in ALL the race pics-- but I don't even care because WE DID IT!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's really hard to believe when you think about the mileage! Way to go, chica! I love those pictures too - especially the one of y'all all holding hands haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. first, i can't believe a photographer cut caleb off. ya'll were holding hands.. it doesn't get any more obvious that he should have been in the frame! and second, i just love that you were posing for the camera as you were running :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that finish line picture! It really is highway robbery what they charge for those things. There's a great picture of Aaron from the half but even *I* don't see paying that much for it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're so awesome! I'd like to do 13.1 sometime... Congrats to you and Erin for accomplishing that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!