Image Map

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

who doesn't love randomness?!

It was one of those days, you know... where you feel all snazzy from the moment you wake up? Like the way I elegantly grabbed my glasses (knocking over my lamp at the same time) since I'm about as blind as a bat without them.... strutted my hot mess self to the bathroom and proceeded to get ready. The snazzy inside of me screamed be fancy today.

I threw on a skirt, tights, a bright green sweater and even heels. Yes! Heels! Oh & one of my favorite necklaces I own, so the day was starting out great.


Then I walk downstairs to pack my lunch for the day and there was a beautiful Thank You card from a dear friend :) I don't know about you ladies, but a good box of stationary makes my knees weak.

I felt like I was getting a lot accomplished at work, and since doing this low-carb kick, I've almost cut out mountain dew completely (except on weekends.. ha!) and I had a coupon for a free one. So you can imagine my excitement on my way to Speedway to pick up a 20 oz of that sweet nectar. I purchase it; get in my car... take a huge swig.. and...

$&#%*!$~!!! what is this crap?!


DIET?!! You are kidding me. I must be an idiot. No carbs for me.... :( So instead, I had some retail therapy at the local TJ Maxx... its a dangerous place for a girl with no carbs. I found myself a cute pair of maroon polka dotted pants ($10!!) and a CUTE top (below, middle picture.. $3!! can you believe that?!)


My day was quickly going up from the diet dew disaster... my best friend got home from school today for Thanksgiving break and before she even went home we met up for dinner! After dinner we perused Marshalls (basically TJ Maxx... twice in one day? Yep!) but I was strong.. and bought nothing.

Didn't stop me from trying on the same hat I try on every time I walk in there.. waaanntt it!

This past weekend, we celebrated Thanksgiving with Caleb's parents a little early since they decided to take a last minute out of town trip! Reappearance of his cute pup, Maggie :)


Be safe if you are traveling for Thanksgiving this year, friends!! :)


12 comments:

  1. this just made my laugh so hard. "the diet dew disaster" seriously the best thing ever! haha i hate diet dew! happy thanksgiving, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really drink pop, but my husband freaks out whenever he accidentally buys diet pop hahah I can't believe that top was $3!!!!! Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! you look soo cute girl! love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so sad for you about the diet dew, there is literally NOTHING worse, lol!

    Love Maggie's appearances ;) I need to send you a cute pic I got of you and her on Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. diet sodas are the worst. love those tops though, especially the cream one with polka dots on the sleeves. and girl, i need to head to the neares TJ maxx. those prices are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will admit that I need to stop doing Diet Mt. Dew :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kayla!!!! You are so gorgeous. That necklace is beautiful!

    I am the exact same way. One of my goals in life is to wake up and be able to see the alarm clock.

    (I actually like Diet Mt. Dew) BUT it's the only diet I like. I started craving it when I was pregnant with Charlie...random, right??!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that necklace! and what great deals you found! i think you should've bought each outfit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute! :)
    Just nominated you for a Liebster Award....not sure if you have ever gotten one before. Check out my post for the details!
    www.neverthesamespicetwice.com

    Love your blog, just wanted to pay it forward!!!
    XO,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww! I love TJ Maxx and Marshalls! Just WAIT until after your wedding when you are officially decorating your cute little home. Then you will REALLY have to restrain yourself! :) hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are seriously so funny :) LOVE the top that you found for 3 bucks..what a steal!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!