Image Map

Monday, November 19, 2012

My passion

This is a somewhat random post.. buuuuut its alright. Right? ;)

I love taking time to write posts that let my followers get to know me a little better. So here goes...

Photography is my absolute passion. I knew from the age of 13 that I wanted to be a photographer. It may just be a side hobby for now... but I do it as much as I can. It makes me so happy. I absolutely LOVE giving people their pictures and hearing what they think of them. I may be thinking about this too much, but it makes me feel like I gave them something that they can treasure forever. & that makes my heart so incredibly happy. I truly think this is what I'm supposed to do... and one day, I'll make it my real, full time JOB.





I recently did a photo shoot of a family, their main reason for wanting a shoot (besides Christmas cards) was because their youngest daughter just celebrated her 4th birthday. Isn't this little girl just the cutest thing you've ever seen?! :) love her.

I don't usually shoot in B&W... and trust me, vibrant color is probably my favorite thing about photography... I LOVE mix matching colors/patterns/etc... but something about these sisters made it seem timeless in black and white. :)

I think I'm finally going to start posting some of my work... yippee!

9 comments:

  1. amazing!! I am so glad you are posting your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are amazing Kayla. You are super-talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, follow your dreams, Kayla!!

    And.... Beautiful pictures!!! I love how they aren't too pose-y, ya know??! The subjects personalities really shine through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, that first photo is quite possibly the cutest thing ever, I love all the personality in your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kayla, these photos are amazing! You captured some incredible moments...and they will live on forever now thanks to you! I see a photography career in your future!

    Thanks so much for your sweet comments! Each one always brings such a smile to my face!
    -Tiffany
    http://stylesidebar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are an amazing photographer!! i love how you captured their joy. post more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's adorable! That top photo is my absolute favorite. So much character and the lighting is great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sister has been studying photography for awhile now and I have loved watching her grow and seeing the amazing moments she can capture. These pictures are wonderful!!--can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i was just thinking as i was scrolling through your posts what gorgeous photos you take! now it all makes sense!! :)
    what sort of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!