Image Map

Monday, June 17, 2013

Happy heart.

In case you missed it Friday, I announced some potentially exciting news for myself!
I also announced that Caleb has taken a recent interest in photography, and that I was shooting my first wedding in over 10 months over the weekend. Let me just say, COMPLETE SUCCESS. Caleb got so into it, whether it be with ideas, shots, or angles...he completely surprised me. It was fun getting back into the swing of things!

Whenever we would have a down moment to ourselves, he'd come over and show me some pictures he just snapped, so proud of himself. Which he totally should have been...he just made me smile all day, watching him doing something he's coming to love. It was just a neat experience.

Excuse this hot mess I sometimes like to call hair.
This wedding was also the perfect time to use my adorable camera bag!
What. A. Hunk.
Rewind-- Friday evening, we had my brother stay the night with us. We played basketball on xbox (or rather, they did and I just sucked at it), ate too much  pizza and just had a great time. Saturday we had the wedding out of town...remind me next time to wear comfier shoes...my legs were KILLING me on the 2.5 hr drive home.

Sunday was literally a day full of relaxation. We even snuck a 2 hour nap in there somehow! We were hoping we'd be able to lounge poolside-- but the weather was a bit gloomy, unfortunately. Since it WAS fathers day, we had my dad over for dinner. It was great to catch up with him, I don't get to see him near as often as I'd like.

In other news -- Friday after work I successfully hooked up our desktop computer, and uploaded ALL our honeymoon shots (woo!)...then come to find out Sunday morning when I went to turn it on, I get some black screen with a bunch of computer gibberish... telling me there is a "fan error"... soo I was almost in tears all day and all this morning thinking we may have lost all of our honeymoon pictures. (Back story -- my uncle is  basically a computer genius and built this computer a few years ago...so he is coming over tonight to hopefully fix it. He said the pictures should be safe, but to not mess with it any longer. Okay sargeant!)

Anyway, long story short...I'm getting a honeymoon post out ASAP (I hope)!
Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend :)

Sami's Shenanigans

19 comments:

  1. How scary to almost lose all of those pictures! I'm glad they will be ok... and I LOVE your camera bag! Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all are gonna be that awesome couple who photographs weddings together and has your own adorable company! Yes yes yes. We had a married couple photograph ours and I seriously wouldn't have had it any other way - seeing them work together was amazing and we got two completely unique perspectives on our wedding day! Plus, we're even now "couple friends" with them, which I just love so much :)

    Congratulations on all the big things happening for y'all! Also, gimme honeymoon peekchurs please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many weddings have you photographed??? I have my first one in September and I'm a little nervous...but excited nervous ofcourse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally see you guys being a husband/wife photography team in the future! I'm so glad it went well :) Can't wait to see the honeymoon pictures - I'll be crossing my fingers that your uncle will get it back up and running again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost typed exactly what Alexa said. So since she said it first, I'll just say YES to all of those things!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooo glad it was a success!! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your camera bag! Where did that beauty come from? I've been looking for one that doesn't look huge and bulky and that actually resembles a purse, and that looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so crazy exciting!! You have to post some of the pictures from the wedding your shot!! Maybe this is a new couple venture. I know another couple who are a photography team!!! You two are ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can y'all get any cuter?! Seriously y'all are adorable! Boo for your computer, my fan went out on my computer a few weeks ago.. it sucked! but it was pretty cheap to fix luckily! Can't wait for the honeymoon picturessss :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know all the pictures will be safe and sound no doubt about it. Can't wait to see all the fun things y'all do together with your little business. And definitely can't wait to see all the honeymoon pictures. Happy Monday my love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you two are precious! congrats on your first job together and i'm sure there will be many more to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't comment on it the other day, but that camera bag is too cute. That's another on of the many things I "NEED". ;) Glad you two had fun working together, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun that you got to shoot a wedding with your love!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. He's coming over tonight to fix it? You remember how I can't find any of mine!! I hope he can get those pics for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hair looks great and I'm glad y'all had such a great weekend (and that your pictures aren't lost forever!)!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really hope you didn't lose your picture! That's so great that you guys are able to share a passion like that. It sounds like you guys are putting that new apartment to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck getting your computer fixed & getting your photos! If it helps, I had to replace my fan and my motherboard in my laptop a few years ago, and my hard drive was safe & sound. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like you had a great weekend! I bet it's so amazing being able to share something you love with him. :) But I really hope you get all your pictures back! I just recently erased my entire memory card - I did it on purpose but then realized I hadn't actually transferred all of the pictures yet! Super sad, but they weren't any crazy important pictures, so I can't imagine how you're feeling about the honeymoon pictures!

    Stopping by from Weekend Shenanigans!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I read and respond to every single one of them! :) Excited to get to know you!